"The world is a book,

and those who do not travel
read only one page."
-St. Augustine

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ten More Days (Hopefully)

In ten days, I will hopefully get to leave for my year in Italy. The reason I say hopefully is because Lufthansa (the airline which I am taking from Chicago to Dusseldorf, Germany to Catania) is on strike. Their brilliant idea for this strike is to just not show up to work on random days. Yesterday was one of them, but they're back to work today. Hopefully, they will settle this strike so I am not stranded in an airport for a day. Anyway, I am so ready to leave. I am taking two checked bags (the second one has a huge baggage fee, but I need it) and one carry on backpack that will house my laptop, kindle, camera, ipod, and any other thing I need for the 13+ hours of travel I have. I still need to buy a few things at Walmart and then I will have everything I need! My biggest concern is the language because I am still not very good at Italian. That's all I have to say. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment